Benchkote is an absorbent, impermeable material designed to protect laboratory surfaces against hazardous spills. The material features a high quality, smooth, absorbent Whatman paper which quickly absorbs liquid spills and a laminated polyethylene layer that prevents flow through to the working surface. After use the sheet is incinerated or disposed of according to local regulations. This makes both Benchkote and Benchkote Plus excellent products that comply with OSHA Regulation 29CFR 1910.1030 for Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens.
Benchkote Plus is a thicker, more absorbent material for more demanding applications and can absorb in excess of 0.75 litres of water per square meter.
Features and Benefits
* Material is very strong, making it tear resistant, wet or dry
* Smooth white surface can be written on with ink or pencil and lies flat
* Suitable for saturation with disinfectant to protect benches where pathogens and other bacteria are present
* Use polyethylene side up to collect deposits without absorption
* Paper side quickly absorbs liquids preventing liquids from going through to the working surface
* Spillages are trapped in the absorbent paper
* Benchkote can be picked up and burnt very easily after use; the polyethylene layer does not melt or drip but is rapidly consumed in the flames
* Containing radiochemical spillage and avoiding contamination
* Recovering spillage of expensive materials
* Protecting hard surfaces to lessen impact
* Water or solvent wick for humidity chambers
* Lining of chemical cabinets, laboratory bench drawers and laboratory hoods