ShinCarbon ST Columns (packed)
- Separate permanent gases, including CO/CO2, without cryogenic cooling.
- Rapid separations of permanent gas/light hydrocarbon mixtures.
- Excellent compatibility with most GC detectors—minimal bleed, minimal baseline rise.
- Preconditioned, less than 30 minutes to stabilize.
- Maximum temperature of 280 °C/300 °C.
Analyze oxygen, nitrogen, methane, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide with one column and at room temperature. ShinCarbon ST material, a high surface area carbon molecular sieve (∼1,500 m2/g), is the ideal medium for separating gases and highly volatile compounds by gas solid chromatography (GSC). The rapid, above-ambient analyses these columns provide will be a great convenience. Excellent thermal stability of the high surface area carbon, combined with careful conditioning during column manufacturing, ensures low-bleed operation and rapid stabilization when installing a new column. Custom-made ShinCarbon ST columns are available on request.
ShinCarbon ST is a highly stable material. Its 300 °C upper temperature limit minimizes bleed and baseline rise during temperature programming, making the material compatible with most detection systems used for gas analysis, including TCD or HID. All ShinCarbon ST columns are fully conditioned in an oxygen/moisture free environment to prevent contamination. This minimizes stabilization time (less than 30 minutes) when installing a new column which, in turn, minimizes downtime.