Viva PFP Propyl Columns (USP L43)
- Excellent for separating peptides or proteins.
- Rugged, spherical particles, with 300 Å pore size.
- High proportion of pore/surface area available to large molecules.
Viva columns are based on a wide pore material we designed for optimal large molecule separations. In developing Viva silica, we found that although many commercial wide-pore silicas meet the standard 300 Å mean pore size, most have very broad distributions about this mean, with a significant portion of their pore volume falling below 150 Å. This means a large portion of the surface area is unavailable to larger molecules. Viva columns have a narrow distribution around the mean pore size, permitting a larger portion of the silica surface to play a role in the separation.
particle size: 5 μm, spherical
pore size: 300 Å
carbon load: 5%
pH range: 2.5 to 8
temperature limit: 80 °C
USP phase code: L43
phase category: fluorophenyl propyl
ligand type: end-capped pentafluorophenyl propyl
- Increased retention for charged bases and electronegative compounds.
- Capable of reversed phase and HILIC separations.
- Ideal for increasing sensitivity and selectivity in LC-MS analyses.